What To Consider While Choosing A Shutter For Kitchen?
Shutters offer flexible control over the amount of light in your kitchen. You can swing or fold your shutter panel to maintain full view and light entry into the kitchen.
Also, shutters are easier to clean as compared to blinds and curtains. They are designed as to resist the UV rays and are guaranteed not to fade over time.
Below are some points to be considered while choosing a shutter for kitchen:
1) Which type of style is best for your kitchen: When selecting a shutter for your kitchen, make sure that it suits your kitchen well. It should fit into your kitchen and should link with it. Also, consider studying the latest designs of shutters before finalizing one.
One of the popular styles is ‘cafe style shutters,’ they usually cover the lower portion of the window and allow an abundance of light to come through the upper part. This style gives you enormous freedom to cover as much as or little of the window area as per your requirement.
Another style known as the ‘full height style’ gives you the flexibility to control upper and lower louvers independently.
2) Material of the shutter: Make sure the material is waterproof and easy to be cleaned. As you know, the kitchen is that area of the house where all splashes, spills, experiments, and an extraordinary items are produced. So the shutters are required to resist all of it and should be of high durability.
Also, it is advised to use a hidden tilt rod rather than a traditional central tilt rod as it has a streamlined look and is easy to clean and wipe down.
3) Suitable color: Choosing the right color to compliment your kitchen is not that easy as how it looks. Make sure to explore all color options before you decide one and do keep in mind that the color you choose for the shutter should be in sync with your kitchen’s decor.
4) Type and size of window: Analyze the type and size of your window where you want the shutter to be installed. Depending on that, choose your shutter. Also, keep in mind the shutter you select should look appealable in the area of the window designated to it. The chosen shutter should not be less synchronized to the whole decor of the kitchen.
5) Cost of shutter: Do not compromise the quality of shutter over its value. Generally, high quality window shutters are a bit expensive, but they are worth in terms of durability and longevity.
It is better to get the right quality shutter installed in the beginning only so as to avoid any further replacement expenditures.
6) Proper regulation of heat and light: The time when you are cooking and preparing food, it is essential to control the light coming from windows so the room does not overheat.
Make sure to select that shutter that provides control and necessary adjustments. So that you can regulate the amount of heat and light you require.